Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Murugan Idly and Vengai Chutney

What do you say when a friend calls and says that she wants to have Dinner with you.
Natural reaction:
YES
What if she says, she’s been on a fast for the past week and needs to break it with family and since her family is out of town, you are the only one she can think of.

Humane reaction
: YES, YEs, Yes. No more Senti plzzz
What if she says I want to have dosa with Onion chutney?

Still Humane reaction
: OK whatever.

Now starts the story. I start from office and wait for K to show up. Naturally since D is hungry and I am on time, hes about 10 mins late. Another delay after this is due to attitude of Autowala’s outside HAL office. None of them are ready to come to MG Road. After coaxing an auto guy to take me there for 10 bucks extra and getting there while answering numerous phone calls and sms’s from D (who was early for once, must be the hunger pangs). We are told that the only place to get Onion aka Vengai Chutney is in Kormangala which is really near my Office.

After a few curses and a 15 minute drive, we reach Kormangala just to realise that none of us have a clue about where the restaurant is located? After going round and round in search of Murugan’s Idly Shoppe amid conversations which run as follows;
B: HA Ha HO
D: I am hungry
Me: Ok
D: I am really hungry and you guys are mean!!

Me: ok ok ok
Me: Murugan Idly Yengeyy??
Watchman: #%$ &&^ *&*$$^ *&%$
D: The watchman said “
Tamil Thereyada, I am new here
B: HA Ha HO
Me: ok
D: Hungry!!!!
Me: What to do??
B: HA Ha HO
D: I really want Venagi chutney, I am hungry
Me: All this talk of food has made me hungry as well
B: HA Ha HO

And at last we found our shop, but alas it was closed!!
Maybe Murugan ran out of chutney yesterday but the damn shop was closed, so we went to Ponnuswamy’s and had Dosa. But alas no Vengai Chutney thr.
So next time a friend calls and asks for vengai chutney, you now know where not to take her.

Moral of Story: Be less humane

2 comments:

DD said...

U shud have given me a call! I knew where Murugan Idly shop was in Koramangala! But afaik it is not the original MIK, but just some fraud one with the same brandname. MIK in Chennai is just awesomee

Prasanth said...

Thanks!Next time i need an Idly Place with Vengai Chutney, you are the one i shall call.