Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Appreciate

Why does love have to become something like a barter?I never quite understood it but my dad provided me with an insight. He said Love is doing something for someone close and not thinking about it ever again. This is precisely why relationships fail. And here I am not thinking of anything romantic. Just think of anything you have done for another human being and see if you have not asked for a favour in return. Well I tried yesterday after coming across this thought and I found that I could not think of a single instance. That apparently sums up the mood for this blog!

Now I was thinking of things I miss and things I yearn for and decided that I came to know the true value of things only after I started to miss them. So I decided to appreciate good things in my life instead of trying to attain the impossible or the improbable.

Do not think of what you do not have but think of what you have and appreciate that.

This is what gives you complete happiness!! (Boy, I would be amazed if I achieved that!)

Now I may not be Tolstoy or Marx who have given people food for thought and can influence thinking but I know one thing if you do not appreciate good things in your life you will never experience happiness.

PS… Me totally sloshed…so excuse the content.

And read more crap on Life written by some other blogger…..

Life is full of hypocrisy and contradictions. In a world of extreme competition everything is fair as long as one does not challenge the norms of the established society and camouflages an alternative perspective within the realms of power and affluence. The only other possibility is living under the diktat of what has been approved and pre-judged by the society.

I come from such a society and life where it ain’t possible to survive without hypocrisy and contradictions. It puts me at great unease searching for answers to questions that have for long haunted my imagination. And yet I am faced with the same contradictory positions and hypocritical postures in my quest.

In this journey with other bloggers I intend to pick up some relevant social issues and seek answers. I hope we all will make an endeavour in at least discussing these issues….its not up to us to transform the society. It requires a revolution to do that….but may be it’s the start of one!

Too much work I say, chill madi and stay VELA.

No comments: